- My doctor who, among other things, lets me email her as often as I want, asks about my life, and helps make sure I can afford my treatment.
- The specialist who, a year ago, offered to treat me for a decreased rate so that I could afford it.
- My roommate who (despite not having severe chronic pain) is always willing to listen to me talk about disableism, understands more about it than most fairly-healthy people, and is willing to admit that she doesn't know everything about chronic illness and disability.
- My other best friend, wh0 is always there to listen to me, take me to medical appointments and who has done more than I can say for me.
- People who deal with my health problems in a way that makes me feel respected and happy.
- Friends made online.
- People who laugh with me at my health jokes.
- Feminists with disabilities
Monday, February 1, 2010
Gives me Hope, part one of many
So thanks to Annie, I recently found a website called Gives Me Hope. So here are some things that give me hope.