Sunday, January 31, 2010

little-big disabling things

  1. I MISS being able to leave my room easilty. Why does so much of the world have to be lit by florescent lights? Why do I end up in disabling pain just from sitting for an hour with my friends eating dinner under florescent lights?
  2. I wish I didn't have to plan my wardrobe based on my pain level of the day.
  3. Similarly, it would be nice if I could put my hair up without that hurting.
  4. Chairs! Wouldn't it be nice if the chairs didn't hurt my back and make my pain levels worse?
It's funny how all these little things, that so many people never think about, can be so important. Can basically trap me in my room--and even hurt me in my room. Sometimes I flip off the florescent lights-curse them out with my hands and voice.

But how do you build a university and a world with my accessibility needs in mind? Would it even be fair of me to ask that?

No comments:

Post a Comment